Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is a nonprofit organization based at Stanford University with the mission to transform youth sports so sports can transform youth. PCA was created to transform the culture of youth sports to give all young athletes the opportunity for a positive, character-building experience.
We have three national goals:
- To replace the "win-at-all-cost" model of coaching with the "Double-Goal Coach" who wants to win but has a second, more important, goal of using sports to teach life lessons;
- To teach youth sports organization leaders how to create an organizational culture in which Honoring the Game is the norm; and
- To spark and fuel a "social epidemic" of Positive Coaching that will sweep this country.
There are many people in this nation who want to change the culture of youth sports, but they do not feel equipped to do so. Positive Coaching Alliance has developed practical tools to change the culture of youth sports and is making them available to coaches, parents, league organizers and others who will fire this movement.
A few good resources this month from PCA for parents and coaches:
- Too Many Kids Leave Sports Because of the Car Ride Home (Video)
- 10 Tips for Sports Parents (Downloadable Article)
- A Season Isn’t A Failure If You Didn’t Win A Championship (Video)
In March 2000, 50 youth sports leaders came together at the first annual Against the Grain Forum convened by Positive Coaching Alliance based at Stanford University and the Center for Sport, Character...