Most Frequently Asked Questions
What equipment is required to play soccer?
- U4s are required to wear shin guards and soccer socks for their own protection and the protection of other players. U4s do not need to purchase the standard BAC uniform. Instead, they can pick up their "Future Star" soccer shirt from Burke Sporting Goods at no charge to the player. Black shorts can be used and tennis shoes. Soccer cleats are recommended but not required at this age group. They will require a #3 soccer ball and should bring water with them.
- Player Numbers and/or names on shirts are NOT required. .
When and where do they play?
- All games are on Saturdays at South Run Rec Center field #8.
What are the games like? what is the game format?
- U4s train with a professional trainer each Saturday. They play 1v1 as part of this training.
- This format allows children to get as many touches as possible on the ball. It also allows for substitutes to come in and out liberally during the games
- Parents wishing to learn more about our Training Philosophy and approach to the U4 and U5 soccer program, please visit this page in our Coaches Corner Section of the web site, called "U4 & U5 Training Program".
What about practices?
- U4s do not meet for practices
When is the first game of the season?
- U4s first game of the Spring season will be on Saturday, April 2. The season has 8 Saturday sessions
- Special requests to play with a specific Coach or friends will be considered but not guaranteed. Special accommodations depend on team roster size, time of registration, returning players allocation, etc.
Play ups and Play downs
- In general, at these early ages, players are permittted to play up one age group in order to play with the children that they will be going to school with. Playing downs may be considered in rare, usually medical situations. These are considered on a one-by-one basis. Please submit a request for consideration to BurkeAthletic@aol.com
- Inclement Weather Procedures
Additional Parent information and Resources about Youth Soccer
- Please visit our Parent Resources Page on the web site to find extensive information about Youth Soccer, and tips for parents.