Burke AC is a non-profit, charitable corporation devoted to promoting sports in the Burke, VA area. The members of Burke AC are amateur players.
BAC has approximately 2,000 registered players participating in a variety of sports. The Club is committed to bringing sports opportunities to the community both through our own offerings as well as working with other organizations to support programs that provide sports to those who may not otherwise have the opportunity.
Burke AC Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting Announcement
Burke Athletic Club will hold its Annual Meeting on Thursday, March 15, 7:30 pm at Terra Centre Elementary School Cafeteria.
Election of Directors:
The election for 3 Directors will take place at the annual meeting. A Board Director is a voluntary, elected, non-paid position that determines Burke AC policy, elects officers, approves expenditures over pre-determined amounts, and addresses business that comes before the Board.
Board meeting are generally held every other month, however, more frequent meetings can occur depending upon the level of Board business. Board members are expected to serve either at the officer level of the organization or as a Chairperson of the Clubs standing committees.
Nomination Procedures and Candidate Profiles
An individual seeking to be nominated for a position as Director must submit a candidate profile to the BAC Board by Friday, March 9, 2018.
The candidate profile is to be no more than one typewritten page, 10 or 12 pitch font in Microsoft Word format. The profile should contain any information the prospective candidate deems appropriate, but must include the candidates full name, current address, phone number, and email address. Candidate’s profiles will be distributed to the membership community prior to the Annual Meeting. Candidate profiles must be forwarded to BAC via electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 9.
The election of the Directors will take place at the Annual Meeting. Ballots will only be distributed at the Annual Meeting and must be completed by members and submitted to election officials during the meeting. The vote of the majority of those present, in person and voting at the meeting shall decide which candidate becomes a Director. Voter check-in will begin at 7:25pm. All candidates will be given an opportunity to make a short presentation to the assembled membership.
According to the BAC bylaws, 'A member is the immediate family of any participant who has registered with BAC and who has paid all current fees and membership dues. The membership family is the member of BAC, not the player or players individually nor each member of the players family individually.
Additional Information If you require any additional information, please send inquiries via email to email@example.com
- Over 13 years with BAC – including as a parent, coach, Board member and, since 2013, as Rec Soccer Commissioner.
- Four children who played BAC sports (boys and girls ages 8 to 18). Two currently playing Rec soccer; two that played Rec/Travel/high school. One also graduated thru BAC/high school field hockey. Delacruzes have also participated in BAC lacrosse and other sports with different clubs (football, basketball, baseball, wrestling) as team players, parents, coaches and managers.
- A lifelong Virginian, including elementary through high school in Fairfax County, college at JMU, and law school at UVA.
- On professional level, heavily engaged with issues and operations affecting non-profit associations. For over 15 years, principle occupation has been serving as legal counsel for non-profit associations and foundations.
- I am running for re-election to the Board for a second consecutive term. I have been involved with Burke Athletic Club since 2009, enrolling my oldest daughter in their inaugural Fall Lacrosse clinic. I caught the BAC "bug" and became more and more involved in their programs, and progressed from sideline parent, to volunteer, assistant coach, head coach, and am now serving as a commissioner for the growing Girls Lacrosse Program. I have witnessed first-hand the positive benefits to the participants, parents and community in the programming that BAC puts on in all of their programs and want to continue to support BAC at this level for another term. I am a 20-year resident of Burke and look forward to many more years in this wonderful community, and appreciate the opportunity BAC members have given me to participate on the BAC Board.